My name is Andrea Binello (a.k.a. “andbin”), I am 45 years old and I live in Italy in a small town near Turin city (see Turin on google maps).
I am a professional software developer with an overall experience of 19+ years in the computer science field.
I am principally a Senior Java developer with 10 years of experience and I have a strong, solid and crystal-clear knowledge of the Java programming language.
I am curious and creative by nature
I am passionate and highly motivated about Java and programming in general
I own good leadership on software development (and especially on Java)
I am collaborative and predisposed to teamwork
I am constantly oriented to study and acquire new skills
Studies and Certifications
In 1992 I achieved a diploma in electronics (italian title: “Perito elettronico”). In the following years, between 1994 and 1996, I attended two specialization courses about microelectronics, both provided by C.S.E.A., a training institution in my country:
- Technician of Motorola/Intel microprocessor systems (italian title: “Tecnico di sistemi a microprocessore Motorola/Intel”), course of 400 hours
- Technician designer of applications on microprocessor systems (italian title: “Tecnico progettista di applicazioni su sistemi a microprocessore”), course of 1400 hours
In 2006 I started to learn Java programming completely by myself. Thanks to my passion and interest about Java, I also achieved two professional certifications:
SCJP 5 (“Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2
Platform, Standard Edition 5.0”)
exam CX-310-055, score 91%
SCWCD 5 (“Sun Certified Web Component Developer for
the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5”)
exam CX-310-083, score 94%
The following are some of my programming skills:
About Java ...
- Strong, solid and crystal-clear knowledge of the Java language and all features up to Java 8's lambda expressions, method references, Stream API, etc...
- OOP and design patterns as well
- Very good overall knowledge of the JavaSE framework: AWT – collections – concurrency – I/O – ImageIO – Java 2D – JAXB – JAXP – JDBC – networking – regular expressions – Swing and more
- Basic/minimal knowledge of JavaFX
- Java EE web components: Servlet – Filter – JSP – custom tag
- Frameworks/libraries (at various levels): FreeMarker – iBATIS/MyBatis – Jackson – JavaMail – JAX-RS – Joda-Time – JSTL – JUnit – log4j – MapStruct – Mockito – OWNER – SLF4J – Spring Framework – TestNG and more
- IDEs: Eclipse – IntelliJ IDEA (limited experience)
- Build tools: Apache Ant – Apache Maven
- Servers: Apache Tomcat
About programming in general ...
- Good knowledge of the “C” language (but I don't use it since the end of 2008)
- Good knowledge of REST web services
- Good knowledge of SQL language in general
- Good knowledge of Atlassian SourceTree (for Git)
More about me
If you want to know something more personal about me, see the Trivia page.